History

The Pachewar village was once ruled by the Khangarot Rajputs, a sub clan of Kachhawas (rulers of erstwhile Jaipur). Thakur Anoop Singh Ji Khangarot, the then Qileidar of Khandar captured the Fort of Ranthambore from the Marathas and annexed it into Jaipur. In lieu of his exemplary courage and loyalty to Maharaja Sawai Madhosingh Ji -1 of Jaipur, he was rewarded with the fief of Pachewar in 1758 A.D. This was passed on to his son Thakur Gulab Singh Ji Khangarot, who in turn handed it over to his son Thakur Kesri Singh Ji Khangarot, who in turn handed it over to his son Thakur Man Singh Ji Khangarot. The Fort was later handled by Thakur Nahar Singh Ji Khangarot, who finally entrusted his daughter Mrs Madhulika Singh jI (current owner) with the responsibility of taking the legacy ahead.

 

Pachewar Garh truly symbolizes the glorious state of Rajasthan where valour, chivalry and royalty have played a great role in shaping the splendid traditions of its land and people. The well-preserved tranquil Fort with its massive ramparts, imposing gates, intricate balconies and spacious apartments is also adorned with antique frescos of exquisite beauty. Pachewar is only a 25 minute drive from Dudu, a small town- situated on Jaipur- Ajmer national highway on Dudu-Malpura road renowned for its traditional textiles. The well furnished 7 suites and 18 deluxe rooms with attached bathrooms are complimented with lush green lawns, a serene swimming pool, badminton courts, a massage-centre, laundry services and medical facilities. The adventurous day can be started with an elaborate breakfast in the courtyard and finished with a moonlit rooftop royal Rajasthani dinner.